The Inventions Transfer Accelerator programme aims to activate patents through a variety of services aiming at and accelerating the implementation, development and marketing of inventions within six months.
Conditions and requirements for joining the Accelerator are:
- An indication of the commercial opportunity and the marketability of the invention.
- A protection document issued by one of the recognised patent offices should be available, but precedence will be given to the documents issued by the Saudi Patent Office.
- A protection document shall be owned by a Saudi individual or individuals.
- The invention shall prove the ability to cover the costs of implementation and development in case the cost exceeds the amount of initial funding provided.
- The ability to complete the project in time within the period set for the Accelerator.
- The ability to pass the stage of initial assessment and the training camp.
The inventors selected will receive legal, technical, commercial and accounting services and consultancy, along with the funding for the implementation and development of inventions, covering the expenses of protection as per the requirements of commercial exploitation, as well as providing office space and fully-equipped meeting rooms.