Badir Incubator for Biotechnology was established in November 2009. The incubator is headquartered at the King Fahd Medical City in Riyadh and aims at encouraging and supporting the establishment and development of the business sector in the field of biotechnology. It works through the incubation and improvement of strategic projects pioneered by researchers and doctors in order to provide advanced medical services that support the localization of technical expertise and contribute to the progress of the health sector in the Kingdom.
Scope of work:
- • Health, Medicine and Pharmacy.
- • The environmental sector.
- • The agricultural sector.
- • Biotechnology-related industries.
To be a world class business incubator that provides excellent business development services and an entrepreneurial environment that would promote and advance Biotechnology as well as all related industries while strengthening and stimulating its progression.
The incubator plays a leading role in the development of the biotechnology sector. It stimulates economic growth based on knowledge, innovation and continuous progression. In addition, it supports the creation of extra employment opportunities and the assists all projects and organizations that invest in biotechnology.
- Assist in the development of appropriate business plans for each individual project aiding in the accomplishment of its objectives.
- Grant access to advanced factories and grow a favourable environment for the development of the incubated projects.
- Arrange workshops with diverse emphases in order to develop the individual skills of the client.
- Provide legal, administrative and marketing consultations.
- Develop marketing and promotional skills.
- Build associations with commercial entities in the Saudi and global commercial market.
- Assist in the development of company strategies.
- Assist in finding financial support.
Stages of incubation:
- Technical Entrepreneurship Awareness Program: Supports the development of projects and raises awareness of entrepreneurship, commitment and motivation. This stage includes a series of workshops and trainings.
- Pre-Incubation Program: Conducts early marketing and planning researches to ensure that incubated projects will make available employment opportunities in the future; also to correct and develop clients’ notions and concepts. This stage includes a series of workshops, seminars, and individual consulting sessions.
- The First Stage in the Incubator Program: Supports all clients incubated at Badir Program for Biotechnology in preparing and developing business plans and models in order to secure financial support and put the plan into action. This stage includes extensive support for both, groups and individuals incubated.
- The Second Stage in the Incubator Program: Supports the initiation and development of the incubated projects. It consists of intensive individual support as well as providing access to other resources and networks.
Badir Incubator for Advanced Manufacturing provides work space accommodation options free of charge, as well as a wide range of services, including:
- Office space for men and women.
- Telecommunications services and high-speed Internet.
- Seminar facilities and conference rooms.
- Video-conferencing facilities.
- Access to the building 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to laboratories and offices: 14 fully equipped laboratories.
- The project should be based on innovation and in the field of technology.
- The project should be feasible.
- The entrepreneur should have prepared a financial plan and has good knowledge of the market and the competition.
- Team members should have harmony and administrative experience.
- The entrepreneur should clearly state and demonstrate the reasons for the success of his project.
- The team working on the project should include no less than 51% of Saudi nationals.
- The availability of a prototype for the project.